TV Video Store
Trivia > Science and Technology > Math Trivia
Are you looking for trivia on Science and Technology - Math ? Check us out.
Did You Know?
- If you need to remember Pi, just count the letters in each word in the sentence: "May I have a large container of coffee?" If you get the coffee and say "Thank you," you get two more decimal places. [3.141592653...]
- There are 2,598,960 five-card hands possible in a 52-card deck of cards.
- It is said that Rene Descartes came up with the theory of coordinate geometry by looking at a fly walk across a tiled ceiling.
- According to Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity, it is possible to go slower than light and faster than light, but it is impossible to go at the speed of light. Also, there is a particle called a tackyon which is supposed to go faster than light.
- Try this out. It is a simple way to rapidly come up with the answer whenever you are multiplying by 9.
Hold out your hands in front of you so that your thumbs point toward one another.
Visualize that your left pinky finger represents 1, the next finger 2, and so on left to right, until your right pinky finger represents 10. Those fingers represent the number you wish to multiply by 9. To do so, simply put the finger down you wish to multiply by 9. All fingers to the left of the down finger represent the tens digit of the answer while all fingers to the right represent the ones digit.
Example: 6 x 9. Put the finger representing 6 down (the right hand thumb). To the left of the down finger, you have 5 fingers up. That's your tens digit. 5. To the right, you have 4 fingers up. There's your ones digit. 4. Put those together and you have your answer: 54.
- Have you always wondered what the names of those very large number are? Here they are:
billion 10 9
quadrillion 10 15
googolplex 10googol = 1010 to the 100th power
- What is the formula to find the area of a circle?
Pi times radius (r) squared.
- What is the formula used to find the area of a triangle?
Base (b) times Height (h) divided by 2.
- What is the formula to find the volume of a cylinder?
Pi times radius (r) squared times height (h).
- What is the area of a rectangle?
Width (w) times length (l).
Please Visit JNJ's Family of Stores
Send comments and mail to: Webmaster@jokesnjokes.net
Last Updated May 6, 2012
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.