TV Video Store
Trivia > Science and Technology >Astronomy Trivia
Are you looking for trivia on Science and Technology - Astronomy ? Check us out.
Did You Know?
- When Voyager 2 visited Neptune it saw a small irregular white cloud that zips around Neptune every sixteen hours or so now known as "The Scooter".
- The Sun travels at a speed of 155 miles per second, but it still takes 230 million years for it to complete a single revolution of the galaxy.
- If it were possible to drive through space at 75mph (120 km/h), you could reach the sun in a little over 142 years. But at that same speed it would take more than 38 million years to reach the stars of the Alpha Centauri system, the closest to ours.
Source: "Reader's Digest Book of Facts"
- The name of the asteroid that was believed to have killed the dinosaurs was named Chixalub. (Pronounced Sheesh-uh-loob)
- What is a Black Hole?
A black hole is the remnant of a supernova explosion which exerts such an enormous gravitational pull that not even light can escape.
- How big is the Milky Way?
The Milky Way is 100,000 light years.
- Light from the Sun takes how long to reach Earth?
- Not including our Sun, What is the nearest star to Earth?
Alpha Centauri. It is 4.2 lightyears away.
- What is the distance between Earth and Sun is called?
An Astronomical Unit.
- One light year is how many Astronomical Units?
63,000.- Thank you - Belandra
Please Visit JNJ's Family of Stores