TV Video Store
Trivia > Humanities Trivia > Philosophy Trivia.
Are you looking for Philosophy Trivia ? Check us out.
- What was the name of the school of thought that provided the bridge between Greek philosophy and early Christian philosophy?
Neoplatonism tried to guide the individual toward a unity - a oneness - with God.
- What is the belief that the pleasure is the highest good?
- What German philosopher of the late 1700s wrote 'Critique of Pure Reason' (1781), in which he tried to provide a critical account of the powers and limits of human reason, to determine what is knowable and what is unknowable.
- What was the dominant philosophy in England during the 1800s, that was developed by Jeremy Bentham and John Stuart Mill?
- Which German philosopher wrote the work 'Thus Spake Zarathustra'?
- Which man is considered the founder of Taoism?
- Who was the author of 'Republic'?
- Which is characterized by attempting to live a simple, healthy life in a peaceful state of mind without emphasis on luxury or material possessions?
Epicureanism--Established by Epicurius, a Greek philosopher.
- What is the belief system that suggests that inherent nobility and goodness exists in everyone, and that these qualities should be the focus for action in the world?
- What individual composed a lengthy work on the rearing of children, though he abandoned all of his illegitamate children to orphanages?
Jean Jacques Rousseau.
Please Visit JNJ's Family of Stores
Send comments and mail to: Webmaster@jokesnjokes.net
Last Updated May 6, 2012
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.