TV Video Store
Trivia > History Trivia > Ancient History Trivia.
Are you looking for trivia on Ancient History ? Check us out.
- The Peloponnesian War began in 431 B.C. and were fought between what two cities?
Sparta and Athens. Sparta eventually defeated Athens in 404 B.C.
- When was Stonehenge built?
Stonehenge is believed to have been built over a series of periods between 3100 B.C. - 1550 B.C.
- What are the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World are: The Great Pyramid of Giza, The Colossus of Rhodes, The Hanging Gardens of Babylonia, Mausoleum at Halicarnassus, Statue of Zeus at Olympia, Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, and The Lighthouse at Alexandria.
- What structure is considered to be the oldest man-made building still standing?
Sakkarah Step Pyramid, which is located just south of Cairo and west of Memphis.
- The expression 'an eye for an eye' has come to symbolize the principle behind what code of laws?
- When were the first paved roads made?
The Romans achieved this in the 2nd century B.C. (200-101 B.C.)
- The Great Pyramid of Giza was built for which Egyptian ruler?
- Who ordered the execution of John The Baptist?
Herod Antipas, Tetrarch of Galilee and Peraea, had John The Baptist executed.
- In 356 BC, a man named Herostratus tried to seek immortality by burning which one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
Temple of Artemis.
Please Visit JNJ's Family of Stores
Send comments and mail to: Webmaster@jokesnjokes.net
Last Updated May 6, 2012
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.