MORE FUN STUFF
TV Video Store
Trivia > Animals >Bird Trivia We've got your trivia on Birds, right here !!
- Rock Doves can see how many degrees around them without turning their head?
Rock Doves can see 300 degrees without turning their head.
- What bird can claim the "Longest Migration Award," traveling from the far northern polar regions down to Antarctica?
The Arctic Tern.
- Which bird incubates its egg on its feet?
The Emperor Penguin incubates the egg by balancing the egg on its feet and covering it with a thick flap of skin and fat at the bottom of its belly.
- Which is the only bird with a urinary bladder?
The Ostrich is the only bird with a urinary bladder.
- How many wingbeats per second does a hummingbird flap?
Their wingbeats up to 75 beats per second during normal flight.
- How many chambers does a bird's heart have?
Birds have, like mammals, have a four chambered heart (reptiles have only a three chambered heart).
- What is a clutch?
Clutch is the eggs laid in a nest by an individual bird, clutch size refers to the number of eggs.
- What do Indian Black Eagles do with other bird's nests?
Indian Black Eagles will take the entire nest of other's birds to either consume the eggs or the young.
- What do Shrikes do with their prey after catching it?
Shrikes stun or kill prey with their heavy bills and then impale it on a thorn, twig, barbwire spike, or other sharp object. Shrikes—also known as "butcher birds" because of the way they hang up their food—are the only birds that engage in this unusual practice.
Search the Internet with Google !!
Please Visit JNJ's Family of Stores
Send comments and mail to: Webmaster@jokesnjokes.net
Last Updated May 6, 2012
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.