MORE FUN STUFF
TV Video Store
Phone # Search
Will Rogers Quotes
Great Quotes > Will Rogers
- Don't gamble; take all your savings and buy some good stock and hold it till it goes up, then sell it. If it don't go up, don't buy it.
- Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
- I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat.
- I was not a child prodigy, because a child prodigy is a child who knows as much when it is a child as it does when it grows up.
- I'm not a real movie star. I've still got the same wife I started out with twenty-eight years ago.
- Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.
- The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
Will Rogers, Illiterate Digest (1924), "Breaking into the Writing Game"
- Nothing you can't spell will ever work.
- You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.
Will Rogers, New York Times, Dec. 23, 1929
- There ought to be one day-- just one-- when there is open season on senators.
- There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you.
- An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out.
- Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
- We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.
- We don't know what we want, but we are ready to bite somebody to get it.
- Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
Will Rogers, Illiterate Digest (1924), "Warning to Jokers: lay off the prince"
- You know everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
Will Rogers, New York Times Aug. 31 1924
- Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life trying to save.
Will Rogers, New York TImes, Apr. 29, 1930
- Rumor travels faster, but it don't stay put as long as truth.
Will Rogers, 'Politics Getting Ready to Jell,' The Illiterate Digest, 1924
- The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.
Will Rogers, Illiterate Digest (1924), "Helping the Girls with their Income Taxes"
- On account of being a democracy and run by the people, we are the only nation in the world that has to keep a government four years, no matter what it does.
- Our constitution protects aliens, drunks and U.S. Senators.
Search the Internet with Google !!
Please Visit JNJ's Family of Stores
Send comments and mail to: Webmaster@jokesnjokes.net
Last Updated April 1, 2013
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.