MORE FUN STUFF
TV Video Store
Quotable Quotes - Insults and Comebacks.
If you have some that you especially like and you don't see it here. Drop us an email.
- I can't believe that out of 10,000 sperm, you were the quickest.
- I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.
- Coolidge was known for his terse speech and reticence. A woman bet her friend that she could get Coolidge to speak to her, which was something he was reluctant to do.
She went up to him and said: "Hello, Mr. President, I bet my friend that I could get you to say three words to me."
"You lose," Coolidge replied dryly, and walked away.
- Just the omission of Jane Austen's books alone would make a fairly good library out of a library that hadn't a book in it.
- Lady Nancy Astor, Viscountess: "If you were my husband, Winston, I should flavour your coffee with poison."
Winston Churchill: "If I were your husband, madam, I should drink it."
- She looked as if she had been poured into her clothes and had forgotten to say "when."
- Yes, Agassiz does recommend authors to eat fish, because the phosphorus in it makes brain. So far you are correct. But I cannot help you to a decision about the amount you need to eat - at least, not with certainty. If the specimen composition you send is about your fair usual average, I should judge that a couple of whales would be all you would want for the present. Not the largest kind, but simply good middling-sized whales.
- Dustin Farnum: "I've never been better! In the last act yesterday, I had the audience glued to their seats."
Oliver Herford: "How clever of you to think of it."
- I am returning this otherwise good typing paper to you because someone has printed gibberish all over it and put your name at the top.
~English professor, Ohio University
- I could eat alphabet soup and shit better lyrics.
~Johnny Mercer, on a British musical
- I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws.
- The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.
- The trouble with her is that she lacks the power of conversation but not the power of speech.
~ George Bernard Shaw
- This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.
~Dorothy Parker, book review
- During his 1956 presidential campaign, a woman called out to Adlai E. Stevenson: "Senator, you have the vote of every thinking person!".
Stevenson called back "That's not enough, madam, we need a majority!
Giant Book of Put-Downs, Insults & Excuses
by Maureen Kushner, Joseph Resenbloom, Joseph Rosenbloom
Stick Up for Yourself : Every Kid's Guide to Personal Power & Positive Self-Esteem
by Gershen Kaufman, et al
How to Handle Bullies, Teasers and Other Meanies: A Book That Takes the Nuisance Out of Name Calling and Other Nonsense
by Kate Cohen-Posey, Betsy A. Lampe (Illustrator)
Words Will Never Hurt Me: Helping Kids Handle Teasing, Bullying and Putdowns
by Sally Northway Ogden (Illustrator), Margaret Smith (Editor)
Send comments and mail to: Webmaster@jokesnjokes.net
Last Updated April 1, 2013
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.